<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 07, 2009

It's My Party: The Ambiance


Here, while showing unposed people pictures, we intersperse photos the try to capture the decor, the spirit, and the refreshments of that lovely evening... First, the scene is set....
IMG_7900

I put out a dazzling array of tasty refreshments, and Erik has to go eat my decorations... harrumph!
IMG_7905

At left, Moshe, who I only knew from facebook, brought South Asian sweets.. At right, you know how I get with streamers...
IMG_7926IMG_7904

I wanted to spell my name in candles, and my name is more common these days, but Dean & Deluca was fresh out of 'Aaron' - so I assembled the five letters by purchasing 'Angela' and 'Courtney' - but the only thing I could spell with those remaining candles I managed not to break was 'Git Lucy' - maybe that's 'Get Lucky' pronounced by a man whose lost most his teeth..
IMG_7933

At left, Aaron gets his glitter hat on... at right, revelers captured in mid-revel... note what I did with the pink and purple napkins.. isn't it groovy?
IMG_7911IMG_7970

I'm very big on ambient video at my parties. That means interesting looking DVDs with the sound turned off...
IMG_7902IMG_7910

All good things must come to an end... In the background... Pictures of me, my parents, my teddy bear, and Jaipur's palace of the winds... Also, a vast collection of 'teach yourself' language books... the red-eyed folk are my friends & colleagues, Bevan and John W...
IMG_8004

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?