<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Rios


This is pre-posted in green and yellow, Brazil's national colors.  Wednesday I rise at 4:45am (ouch!) to catch a 7am plane to Rio for a day of meetings, then 'home' to Sao Paulo. 

Rio de Janeiro has many faces, but here I depict but two... 

First, the Rio I'll mostly see tomorrow: The Borg-like modernist behemoth that houses Petrobras, the national oil company; to the left of this picture you see half of Rio's cylindrical Metropolitan Cathedral..











The Rio I'll glance in passing: Botafogo beach....

I have one meeting on this lovely strip, which faces Pao de Açucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain) and has rear-window view of Corcovado (Christ the Redeemer)...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?