<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saying Goodbye


My Dad-fest continues in June 1974, when he sent me and my sister off on separate experiences that mark, in a sense, the end of childhood and the beginning of our lives as individuals. Here I am with Dad and Deena and JFK - Mom took the picture...
I was headed for a summer in Chile as a very unripe 14-year-old exchange student, an experience that would change the course of my life in many ways, and echo for decades through my career choice...
AA305

And Deena was headed off to Camp Wel-Met, an early beginning to her teen years, leaving my parents, for the first time, with an 'empty nest..' Dig the rounded-edge photos, another 70s fad...
AA306

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?