<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 18, 2011

Pre-Honeymoon Jungle Adventure


As a kid, my Mom would reminisce about the movie serials she watched on Saturday afternoons as a child - for a very small price - 25 cents - you'd see a newsreel, cartoons, a serial, and two full-length features (the 'B' movie followed by the 'A' movie.. I was always curious and wistful that I'd never see them; I was fond of the cliffhangers on my beloved Batman TV show. My curiosity was again aroused in 1981, when both parents saw then-new Indiana Jones and said it was like the movie serials, though blessedly free of interruption. Well, thanks to JP and the miracle of DVDs, over the past year or so I've been able to watch a few of the better serials, and they do not disappoint...

Treat yourself to Chapter 1 of Jungle Girl, courtesy of YouTube. Then just try not to order
the whole thing from Amazon.

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?