<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rebel Rebel


IMG_0376There's... a place for vinyl.... Somewhere.... a place.. for vinyl... and in the window of 'Rebel, Rebel' on Bleecker St, current releases are still sold pressed on 12" plastic platters...

JP & I passed it 4 weeks back on a stroll through the village, the same day I bought a $7 mushroom, but not the $13 mushroom.

No, I haven't come down with Budva Brain again, though I have 'double dipped' into another cold/virus, this time a more typical respiratory affair...

hey la, hey la, my boyfriend's back... This was the first beautiful day of 2010, as JP recalls: 'I walked your bloody legs off...'
IMG_0377


Bleecker Street of course was the epicenter of the American folk music movement of the early 1960s, and one latter-day 'rebel' influenced by that school is the lovely Suzanne Vega, only seven months older than I... Here she is debuting her terrific Beatles-esque new song from that woefully unreleased and underappreciated Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse album last year..


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?