<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Safe, Sound & Busy


Hey there - arrived 10:30 am in Sao Paulo, Brazil, safe, sound, and miraculously well-slept considering my miniscule coach seat. Even better, about 80% of my cold is gone. 

It only took 2 hours to get out of the airport, mostly due to a long line at customs, so that one very slow clerk could stamp 6,000 forms without looking up... : - ) The taxi line was similarly arduous. Hey, it's not they're fault.. It's not like they all knew our flights were arriving... : - )

At left, the aerial view of Sao Paulo, which like most of this week's photos is taken from my friend Emerson Gibin's 'I Love Sao Paulo' set on Flickr.   It's summer here but it's not sunny at all today.  That's somewhat OK, since I have hours and hours of work to do here in my hotel room...

Sao Paulo jostles with Tokyo, New York and Mexico City for the title of world's largest urban area.  These are so far the only metro areas with more than 20 million people, although I expect that within ten years, Shangai, Delhi, Bombay, and Calcutta may close in, having hit the 15 million mark.   Metro Buenos Aires is practically a small village with only 12 million people..  

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?