<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 23, 2010

No, I Regret Nothing...


I guess I didn't come here to sleep...

Hey all, I'm flying home tonight. I finally crossed the finish line at 6pm last night, completing my 25th & final interview.

Later, I met up with Andres and he took me to see 'Piaf,' not a musical but a serious play about a singer that includes singing. 

Translated and adapted from a 1978 London stage play, the result was immediate, powerful, bawdy, searing, and gritty. 

It was as much a tour de force live for Elena Roger, the Argentine lead, as the movie 'La Vie En Rose' was for Oscar-winner Marion Cotillard 3 years back.

It's summer here, high around 90F, with a breeze, and the sun sets at 10pm. Buenos Aires is a lovely, lovely place to be. If it weren't for missing JP I'd be sad to leave. If it weren't for our jobs, I'd ask him to fly down and hang out a few weeks...

Anyway, back to Piaf & Elena Roger..  Below some snippets from YouTube..








Here are snippets from the show and interview, mostly in English as the director, Jamie Lloyd, was imported from the UK.



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?