<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 17, 2009

All The Trimmings


Nobody sets a table or cooks a holiday banquet with as much love and talent as
my dear friend Bart Bland, who, with his husband Ashley, invited me, JP, and 12 other lucky friends to a classic, classy, comfy Christmas dinner of yore...No sooner had I walked in the door, the clove-kissed aroma of mulled wine beckoned to my yearning taste buds..
DSC03941

This table goes on for miles and miles, and made for an ornate yet warm gathering place...
DSC03930DSC03932DSC03999





What a feast it was - honeyed ham, salad laden with sweet candied nuts, mashed potatoes, pineapple slices, cranberry sauce, and peas.... For the desert finale, a merengue with whipped cream, raspberries, strawberries, and turkish delight!!
DSC03969
DSC03988

and here, in a classic video,
Bart puts the finishing touches on a sumptuous ham.... with a blow torch!


I want to move here! Who can resist a gingerbread house (can I get a sub-prime mortgage to go with my super-prime frosting?), store-bought, required assembly, and the builders say it looks twice as good as it tastes (which means it's still scrumptuous?)
DSC03937

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?