<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 04, 2009

Always Bridesmaids?


Thanks a lot, New York Senate, for your extraordinary political courage. Not!
I may not yet have the right to marry. But at least I have a wonderful, wonderful man... I thank my stars for that, every single day....
DSC03119DSC03101

I do actually thank the 24 State Senators who voted for my right to marry, and for the broader idea that being gay is just fine, and I also thank New York's 88 State Assemblypeople who did pass gay marriage in their chamber and New York's governor, who would gladly sign it. In many states, gay marriage has lost because a majority, lately a very narrow majority, just isn't ready for it -in New York, it lost due to dysfunction and political cowardice. The remedy for the latter is the voting booth and the donation button.
DSC03120

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?