<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 02, 2009

See This While You Can!


It took me decades to visit the Museum of New York City, and now I must ask myself, 'Why?'.... From their 400th anniversary of Manhattan 'Discovery' exhibit, here's New York, 1609, re-imagined aerial view, they day Henry Hudson first laid eyes on it...
IMG_0198

I love the light in this interactive exhibit of the 'Manahatta to Manhattan' show.. the island's name meant 'island of many hills,' though these have been mostly flattened in the name of progress...
IMG_0194

Map relief! Good grief! When they named Hamilton Heights and Washington Heights, they weren't kidding! I assume... part of this has been altered, or the roads leading up there would look like San Francisco....
IMG_0190

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?