<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Headed For The Baltics


I'm off again!  As you read this my overnight flight is arriving in Helsinki...

It's the second of my triptych of 'transition vacations,' off on my 119th foreign trip (but the first this year), with Gap/Intrepid, who have prevoiusly taken me to Peru, Thailand, Central Europe and Central America. 

On the agenda are Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Germany....

Christi's coming along for most of the trip - she's half-Estonian, on her mother's side... I, in contrast,  am descended from Jews of the former Russian empire, who on my mother's side lived in Latvia and Lithuania..

I get in to Helsinki at noon, probably to my hotel by 2, and I have orientation at 6.. I hope to see some of the city in the afternoon... Here's a lovely video of what I might see...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?