<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Thumbs Are Useful


Last night I cut mine on a sharp tomato can and rushed myself to St Vincent's for 3 stitches.. With my thumb alternately numb and sore, I'm realizing just how much I depend on it..  You never miss the water till...
DSC01324

... the well runs dry...   When I realized a band-aid wasn't going to fix this, I wrapped my thumb in bounty as blood spurted every which way... A rubber band held it in place (not really a great idea btw...)
DSC01316

Showering tomorrow will be fun! I shouldn't get the bandage wet the first day. Will try wrapping it in a thick plastic bag with a rubber band, but not too tight a rubber band.... Like I did in Thailand, after breaking my leg, to avoid melting my cast... I picked up some supplies...
DSC01320

JP has pretty hazel eyes... For the first time, at the hospital I told them to call JP if there was an emergency, rather than my poor Mom, who can't do much from Phoenix....

DSC01277

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?