<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 12, 2008

Udaipur


I was here!! This is Udaipur City Palace, among the most magnificent in all of India, in Rajasthan, a desert kingdom of sultans and pashas, very Scheherezade....


Udaipur's spectacular City Palace is like a cliff on the edge of a lake.. In the center of that lake is the Lake Palace Hotel, reachable only by boat! I of course stayed in more modest lodgings on my India trek, but I did get a boat ride around the lake, which was lovely..


From a distance... The palace, the cliff, the lake...


Inside the palace is just as interesting. I was so fascinated, so transmogrified, that when I saw a swarm of bees hanging from a vine near a window, I stayed as relaxed as Yogi...





this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?