<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 10, 2008

It Came From Outer Space


My costume was inspired by a 1969 Star Trek episode with a message about racism and bigotry. It concerned a two-toned fugitive - black on the right, white on the left - pursued by an avenger from that other two-toned race - black on the left, white on the right. It doesn't end well for either of them.
IMG_7035
Frank Gorshin, the impressionist and Batman's Riddler, played the avenger and garnered an Emmy Nomination for his trouble..
IMG_6964


Everyone should live their outer space fantasy, I think
. Here I am pointing my deadly finger-ray..
IMG_6931

Seasonal pumpkin face cookies brought by Steve Novak; strawberry shortcake bought by my sister
IMG_7030IMG_7029




Flash photography
special effects enhanced my extraterrestrial attire...
IMG_7012

Jack-o-Lantern helium balloon with
battery-operated flashing eyes, and bat motif, a personal favorite....
IMG_6942IMG_6941

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?