<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 28, 2008

Crustulum Ergo Sum


That's Latin for 'I cook, therefore I am,' if this is true, than I'm not nearly 'am' as much as one should be 'am',
but for Thanksgiving I broke out the 'am' and the recipe book and made a decidedly non-turkey dinner for my friend Gene...  

Here's my old blue looseleaf with recipes I clipped from the newspapers back in the 80s, pre-Internet, when one did such things.
IMG_7175

The menu with Chicken Breasts with Carrots and Ginger in a light cream sauce, accompanied by Double-Strength Beef Rice, a tangy salad, and brussels sprouts cooked to the consistency of mashed potatoes.. Gene baked an apple pie. SInce I stupid failed failed to take photos, I'll have to show you my dirty dishes as proof of the feast... I bought this lovely tableware in Turkey back in early 2002...
IMG_7174

The recipe for
my main dish...
IMG_7176


After dinner we saw 'Milk,' the excellent new film, set in 70s San Francisco, which recreates the life and times of pioneer gay politician/activist Harvey Milk and the early days of the gay civil rights movement.. A movie review is coming shortly. In the meantime, here's a vintage photo of Milk at SF's 1978 Gay Pride Parade..

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?