<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 08, 2008

Outside of Time, Inside of Soul


Today's Song/Video of the Week, 'Right As Rain,' comes from 20-year-old UK jazz/r&b singer Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, who goes by Adele, and who's debut album is a critical and popular success across the pond...

I've chosen 'Right As Rain,' over her two soulful but much slicker singles because it best captures her playful jazz spirit, with low-key instrumentation and production.

I do suspect you'll enjoy those two singles, I myself almost picked the intriguing midtempo 'Cold Shoulder' while 'Chasing Pavements,' her more traditonal ballad, is an instant UK classic.


I prefer Adele's live TV version of her hit ballad 'Chasing Pavements' to the video clip, which is just as well, as her record company disabled YouTube from allowing me to embed that clip.



Here's the video clip for 'Cold Shoulder':

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?