<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 18, 2008

I Came, I Saw, I Snorkeled


The island Utila is and isn't Honduras - the locals are more English-speaking Afro-Caribbeans, though many poor Latin Hondurians come here for work. It's a paradise for foreigners and water sports. With Belize, these islands form the world's second largest coral reef, you know.

My best decision to date on this vacation was to go snorkeling, for the very first time, in spite of a terrible night's sleep. It was just what the doctor ordered! I learned very fast, after a frenetic first few minutes Snorkeling was even cooler than I imagined, you're just swimming all around these giant coral reefs amidst a colorful array of fish, (didn't risk my camera underwater, but this Google image is very accurate) staring down 50 feet at the ocean floor. I found it really easy. Sooooooooo...................

Tomorrow I'm doing 'baby diving' - just wetting my feet in it accompanied - lessons and one actual dive. if not now, when, I ask you?

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?