<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There Will Be Oil


Flying now home am I, we board in an hour and I should touch down 6am NY time Thursday morning, to help end July. Well, the hotel stupid failed failed to wake me on time so I leaped from my slumber at 5am and scurried, unwashed to minijet that spirited us some 250 miles east, to the middle of nowhere.

I am pleased to report that the oil field was a highly photogenic experience.. I took a hundred photos and half a dozen videos which I will no doubt be dribbling out for weeks to come..

Much different than I expected, it was more green fields than desert plain, though the actual drilling sites and treatment plants were major industrial installations. I had to be weighed to get on the minijet, in both directions. My reaction to this number, and the reactions of my peers to theirs, are not suitable for publication...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?