<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 24, 2008


Joy is mine! My Mac repaired, on the spot. My life, back to normal. Joy, Joy, Freude...

Oil, Gas, and Water


I'm rather fond of a Woody Allen movie line where Woody's car inexplicably freezes in a thunderstorm in front of a haunted house.

Woody observes, to his girlfriend and his dismay, that 'the battery's dead and we're out of oil, gas, and water...' Pile on those clichés!

Well, my home computer's broke, my work computer's messed up, my respiratory system is grappling with a cold, and I have... yuck.. mange on my elbows. I've been working like the Dickens trying to publish something about my Brazil trip, and I might have to take a two-day emergency trip next week.

There's going to be no time to have extra pages added to my very full passport... I must optimistically assume that I won't be denied admission to the country either during this work trip or for my forthcoming vacation

On the plus side, I like my new work building, 101 Park Avenue on 40th Street, even though it is quite a bit harder to get to, with no direct train. This morning I took a taxi, with the $10 expense that implies....

Cartoon du Jour:

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?