<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sun On The Rocks


DSC03953On Saturday, I co-led a 7-mile hike up the Hudson's right bank with Sundance, the LGBT outdoors club I frequent.

Drenched in sunshine, I got many great pictures - I'll have more for you, plus a video clip, later in the week.....


We journeyed northwards, along the Palisades cliffs, first on a flat path and then over the formidable Giant Stairs..

Here I am with my friend Steve. By 1pm, I'd slipped and fallen several times, but wore a smile in the abundant sun notwithstanding my scrapes, scratches, and bruises...

DSC03998

The Palisades Cliffs run for several miles just south of the NJ-NY border along the river....
DSC03968

Here we begin our ascent up the tricky, jagged, sometimes slippery Giant Stairs. This is one hike that gets canceled by even a hint of rain. (Or called off in mid-hike, as happened to me there last year) Happily, the weather was pitch-perfect....
DSC03987

Those lovely purple flowers on the branch are Columbine, I believe.

DSC03973

The lovely green path, fresh air... very restorative after a few nights of not enough sleep.. You could hear the Hudson lapping against the shore....
DSC03926

Glimpses of the mighty river through the trees....
DSC03929

Cartoon du Jour:


Engrish du Jour: Really, I Can Handle This Myself....

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?