<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 30, 2008


All this week, videos from NYC Pridefest, where I represented Sundance Outdoor....




Secretive Sally


Sally Shapiro doesn't sound like the name of a disco singer... It evokes the names of fourth-grade classmates at Hebrew Academy of Nassau County (HANC), where I spent grade 4 and 5... But this Sally, the psuedonym of a VERY anonymous Swedish singer, is all glitter balls and day-glo attire..

I would have missed the charming, barbie-doll delivery of 'He Keeps Me Alive,' today's Song of the Week, had it not landed on Rolling Stone magazine's Top Singles of 2007.

You'll recall I spent the last days of 2007 grounded with an ear infection, so all I had was time, and I listened to all the songs I hadn't heard.

That endeavor unearthed many goodies, including this and MGMT...


There's no official video for 'He Keeps Me Alive,' so we'll begin with 'Jackie Jackie,' which does have a clip...


Here's a good pastiche fan video of 'He Keeps Me Alive,' which is oddly sped up a bit, like a 33 record on 38, for those of you old enough to get that reference....


Cartoon du Jour:


Engrish du Jour: Now let's not exaggerate this Asian work ethic thing...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?