<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Pungent


Am I the Anti-Sontag? Susan Sontag thought it wrong to 'steal' people's images without their consent. I have mixed feelings. Life's a banquet, and the following dish, a passenger dozing on an airport floor, was just too exquisite not to share:


When I arrived at Phoenix airport, and got on line for food, this horrible smell invaded my nostrils, noxious, disturbing... I wondered which person on line hadn't bathed or used deodorant. To my horror, I later realized the source of that odor was my very own suitcase. I had brought bagels and lox, fresh from NY, for my family, and my sister prefers 'everything bagels,' which contain near-toxic levels of onion and garlic. Gasp. I personally prefer Sesame (below) or Cinnamon Raisin bagels... I eschew cream cheese (or any cheese).


The lox. 'Lochs' just means 'salmon' in German (and Yiddish I guess). My bagel and lox purveyor of choice is NY's Murray's Bagels on 8th Avenue between 22nd and 23rd.


Cartoon du Jour:

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?