<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Melody Day


I never could resist a slice of mid-60s prettiness. I just go hippy dippy crazy.

Today's Song/Video of the week is the über-pretty 'Melody Day,' by Caribou, the latest pseudonym of Canadian dream pop singer/songwriter Daniel Snaith. It's from his equally lovely 'Andorra' album.

Sample lyric: 'Melody day what have I done / Now our hearts are locked up tight again.'

Snaith chose the name 'Caribou' while high in the woods. He previously went by 'Manitoba' until threatened with a US lawsuit by Richard 'Handsome Dick' Manitoba of the 70s punk band Dictators.






The video is most imaginative and interesting to watch, which doesn't surprise me at all:




Cartoons du Jour:

Logic of this cartoon? Reminds me of the sniglet 'Checkuary,' refering to the period of January in which you're still writing the previous year on your checks...






this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?