<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 01, 2007

MAM-moth


I'm sick again. :-( My thoughts wander to a a rainy Saturday in Rio de Janeiro a few weeks ago, when we visited MAM - Rio's Modern Art Museum - for the first time. It's located in Flamengo Park near Santos Dumont Airport (their 'LaGuardia' with its shuttles). This museum lost 90% of its collection in 1978 - including works by Picasso, Miro, and Dali - to a fire that may have been caused by a cigarette - how odd in a stone and glass buidling. Here's the museum's brutalist exterior:


Here's an intriguing tunnel-like installation right outside the museum's entrance, in the open air, under the giant grey slab of concrete that is the museum's second floor...


I love modern art so big you can walk through it and see it from the inside... that's Bevan at the end of the art tunnel...


with an floor dedicated to Art for Kids, the place was noisy indeed..


Multimedia art installation, surreptitious photo...


Not far, in Rio's Gloria area, I captured this monument from a taxi cab window. I'm trying to find out what it is, and if I do I'll tell you...


This 90-second montage takes me WAY back...



Unusual aerial view of our work cafeteria Christmas tree..


Cartoons du Jour:



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?