<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Midnight Rambler


That would be me. I've worked until midnight tonight (Tues/Wed) on a big presentation. As I wait for my cab, a brief review of "Sexy Beast," the compact 2000 British crime thriller I watched on the plane from Arizona. "Beast" features Ben Kingsley as one serious warped, violent sociopathic dude.

Four Word Encapsulation: Criminal's Spanish Retirement, Interrupted.



Haiku:
Fat Briton in Spain
Cries out "end my life of crime"
Warped bald dude's deaf ears

Oblique comment: Opening sequence uses the Strangler's proto-punk song "Peaches," a very crass ode to scantily clad women on the beach. Spanish teenage houseboy reminds me of my first boyfriend, Andres, when he was 28.

Insight: Film uses effective device of leading from sun-soaked beach house indolence to showdown with irresitible force of evil (Kingsley), which is interrupted for a flash-forward to an underwater bank vault robbery, during which flashbacks slowly shows us the denoument of the aforementioned confrontation.

Link: Metacritic, silly.





this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?