<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Magic Position


For this week's Song/Video of the week, something truly gay. Whatever Patrick Wolf is sexually, this year he's singing (and dressing) the body homo 'in a major key.' His huge hit this summer trumpted 'you put me in the.. magic position, darling' in a loud, proud, impossibly melodic slice of manic 1979 disco...



and here he is singing it....


With roots in art rock, church choirs, string quartets, and alternative gay venues, Wolf plays two dozen instruments, including the harpischord, accordion, ukulele, kantele, and mountain dulcimer...


As for sex: "I fall in love with men and women. I like to have sex and fall in love. But just like I can't say if my next album with be baroque waltzes or death metal, I don't know if I'm destined to live my life with a man, a woman, or just my horse..."



More Halloween!


People at my Halloween Party: Bevan, who I work with, his friend Sheryl, and Christi..


Gene, with whom I've hiked on terrain as diverse as Western Jersey and Eastern France


Christi has lived overseas twice; George has been living overseas (here) for decades...


Donna's cheerful squint...


A particularly lovely shot of Karen. Donna and Karen moved in together in June, in Sunset Park, and I must pay a visit there soon...


In the kitchen, Donna, Sunil, and Varun...


Cartoons du Jour:



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?