<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 21, 2007

(Indian) Summer In The City


A lovely day, yesterday was, and all about happy times with friends. Today isn't looking bad, either. While 72F probably doesn't qualify as 'Indian Summer,' it was nice to roam the streets without a jacket.

So I finally dragged myself to Time Warner and got DVR, which is like TIVO - digital TV recording. I also discovered I'm getting about 30 new foreign language channels. I like this photo, the orange TW bags against the gray sidewalk.


David's back!!!!! He's moving home to NY and in with his boyfriend Alex.


East of Eighth's garden is a lovely brunch spot. David had steak and eggs, I opted for the egg white frittata pictured below.


We then stopped into Burritoville, decorated for Halloween, to get a 'mango durango' burrito (yum) for Alex, who was driving a Durango. Here I got a call from Norberto inviting me to join him and the gang to visit "Blood Manor," a Halloween house of horrors...


Here's Blood Manor, on W 27th St in between 10th and 11th avenues. No pictures allowed in any of its forty scary rooms. I tried to surreptitiously disobey, and the personnel made me delete each photo in front of them....


There was a long line to get into Blood Manor. The 30-minute visit was actually worth the 90-minute wait.


This three-headed gross monster worked the crowd as they waited..


Afterwards we had dinner at Grand Sichuan International on W 24th & 7th Ave, which serves unusual food from far-flung Chinese provinces. Here's their take on spicy eggplant:


Here's Sunil... What fortune will his cookie bring?



Cartoons of the Day:




this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?