<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Food Journey:
How To Celebrate a US$750mm Blowout Transaction!


And they said it couldn't be done. But wisdom, perseverance, judgement, and luck carried the day for our breakthrough bond issue by a Colombian gas pipeline company, which re-opened a closed market and allowed us to shine a week before the likely sale of ABN...

So this had to be celebrate, and Wednesday night the bankers, the client, and I congregated at posh, cavernous, upscale Buddakan for a pan-Asian gourmet feast.


This began with tuna sushi tartare on a bed of avocado laced with wasabe....


Mouth-watering steak strips aged in a spicy, sweet marinade...


Decadent deep-fried shrimp, crunchy and candy-like on the outside, juicy on the inside, with candied pecans and jalapeƱo strips...


Some sort of noodle dish I passed on...


Succulent, perfectly-seasoned unforgettable duck. A culinary high point of 2007.


When you're being treated, how can you turn down two carafes of premium sake, smooth as silk. Less smooth was the premium hang over I woke up with at 4am, as my stomach cried 'foul!'


Clever presentation. The flavor balls come off, the sticks do not. This wasn't as tasty or interesting as it looks here.


The venue was endless, cavernous, and cacophonous. After walking in the front chamber, it took me ten minutes to find my cohorts at their table. In this interval, I was approached by three different guests asking for direction or complaining that their order was overdue. Did I look like a server in my dark gray outfit? I was tempted to tell the hungry diner that his order was 'coming right out.' : - )



Cartoons du Jour:








this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?