<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tantalizingly Close and Barely Noticed


New York's State Assembly yesterday approved a bill legalizing gay marriage by 85-65! ....and Governor Spitzer is committed to signing it when both houses have voted it.

The sole remaining obstacle is the State Senate, which the Republicans control by a razor-thin 2 seats... Not likely this year, with the legislature shutting down in two days..

But the ball is rolling, and the momentum is with us both in terms of public acceptance, victories in other states, and Republican's sinking fortunes in the Notheast and elsewhere.

I believe gay marriage will be a reality in New York state by 2009.

As I've oft stated before, the real challenge is finding the right guy with whom to walk down that aisle....

I want to see you all dance at my wedding. And I promise you, the music will be great...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?