<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ring Around The Collar


From an old commercial for Wisk laundry detergent and stain remover - leave it to Madison Avenue to find something new to make Americans self-conscious about, in this case, the 'ring' of sweat around the neck of one's shirt. I wonder if 'Madison Avenue' is still associated with advertising in the mind of the younger generation?

Discontinued Food Products:

I miss Rice-a-Roni's Stroganoff flavor. I used to combine this with another discontinued products, Old El Paso Beef Taco Filling, to create 'Mexican Stronganoff.'


When Betty Crocker, Old El Paso's owner, discontinued Beef Taco Filling, I began using their Tamales and Enchiladas, but they've since discontinued those, two. Happily, I've learned how to cook, and can now approximate the combination of stroganoff and taco flavor in rice by myself. Still, it's not quite the same..



this entry's permalink
Comments:
do you remember, "it's not nice to fool Mother Nature!" ?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?