<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nasty Weather Strategies


Frigid wind and sleet has descended on New York, creating a slippery, slushy mess.

With no boots, scarf, hat, or umbrella, I was forced to resort to "the tunnel" - inside the subway, it crosses under 8th avenue connecting the downtown and uptown side. It smells worse than a working astronaut. : -) But it does allow me to scoot out my door and dart six feet to the downtown entrance rather than suffer the inclement weather as I wait to cross the street. Pictured above is "the tunnel." Pictured below is my E train, pulling out of the station just as I arrived...

Also, I was dismayed to learn that I walked five blocks in the storm last night to return a video and left only an empty case. Arrgh - must go back today.

I'm as buried in work as New York is in snow - Happy Valentine's Day, everyone...

Last night I saw the excellent "Stalag 17," the 1955 mix of tense drama, intrigue, and comedy set in a German POW camp during World War II. William Holden won Best Actor playing a con artist suspected of being a traitor. This is the film that inspired the much lighter, more sanitized TV show "Hogan's Heroes" (the concentration camp comedy...)



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?