<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

103


I arrived in Colombia safe and sound last night. Thankfully, my meetings don't begin until noon! Time to catch my breath.

This is my 103rd trip to the well of international travel... It will be my 66th business trip abroad, my 57th trip to Latin America, and my 33rd trip to South America.


This is only my 2nd time in Colombia - my first time was a day and a night in 2004, and it doesn't look like I'll see very much this time either. Though I may yet be surprised. Happy to be traveling with my colleagues, one of whom is from a Colombian family.

It's a six hour flight, but with no time difference. I just found out that they use the same voltage and type of plug as the US so my electronic army is good to go...

On the plane I saw two DVDs of engaging and well-made, if conventional films. Oliver Stone's "WTC" goes straight for the gut and the tear ducts, it really puts you in the skin of survivors in an inspirational way. My real surprise was "North Country," based on the true story that led the court to rule against sexual harrassment on the job - about female iron mine workers in Northern Minnesota that were bitterly resented by their male co-workers for taking scarce jobs, and who endured countless indignities before someone stood up for her rights. Superb cast - Charlize Theron and Frances McDrummond were rightly Oscar-nominated, and Sissy Spacek, Richard Jenkins and Woody Harrelson were pitch-perfect. Also impressive was the kid playing Theron's 13-year-old son, blew me away. Highly, highly recommended. And now I can return these DVDs to my poor sister, who lent them to me overnight on New Year's Day : - )

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?