<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy Friendship Day!



This goes out to my dear friends overseas, my ex Andres and my friend Celia in Argentina and my 'copain' Denis in France. Happy Friendship Day - Día del Amigo - I think this custom is from Argentina and has something to do with the man's first step on the moon, which occured on July 20, 1969, when I was a lad.













Fun fact: Though the 230-year-old French-American friendship was strained over Iraq, the mutual love runs deep. What country has won more Best Foreign-Language Film Oscars than any other? Why, France of course, 13 out of 58, making them the Yankees of foreign film Oscars (Italy's a close second with 12 films). And which country, by far, has walked away with the most grand prizes at Cannes? Why, the US of A, stars & stripes forever, with 16 wins out of 64, also very Yankees-esque, leading Italy with 11 films, the UK with 8, and France itself with 7...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?