<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 25, 2006

No Go(l)


`Cuz you're in Tokyo, and I'm not... The verse of an old new wave classic. I got up at 4am for nothing, and I am not in Belo Horizonte (pictured below in the sun, which is absent from Brazil this week). At quarter to 6 at the airport, Gol airlines would not sell me a ticket because they do not except credit cards issued outside of Brazil, accept Amex, the one I don't have. Got no cash. No Gol. The other airline, TAM, was booked solid to Belo all day. (You will recall that Brian won the TAM raffle and was chosen Mayonnaise Monarch for the day during our 1999 Brazilian honeymoon.) So, I missed a meeting, crawled back to my hotel, un-checked-out, or re-checked-in, took an hour snooze, and re-checked-out to do some work at the office ahead of my afternoon meetings. Can`t win 'em all...


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?