<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 20, 2006

On The Head Of A Pin


Not a bad weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday I had lunch and dinner plans - a rarity, and very lovely to catch up with dear friends. Last night I actually cooked dinner, too! Chicken with wine sauce, dark mushroom rice, and a light salad, washed down with Spanish cider and capped off by a touch of sorbet, brought by my guests.

I'm also rapidly digitalizing my 1600+ album collection. Using DVD-Rs, I can burn 80 albums to each disk, and make back-up copies stored with my friends. I wish Homeland Security were this vigilant and efficient : - ) Anyway, hope you all have a nice re-entry into the work week. Here's some humor:

From The Onion, my favorite feature, “What Do YOU Think?

Question: “A recent study shows that 5 percent of all workers in the U.S. are illegal immigrants. What do you think?”

Answer 1: “ I yearn for the day when 100 percent of all workers are illegal immigrants and we as a nation can devote all our time to bitching about them.”
Answer 2: " Five percent seems like a lot, but when you consider that they’re responsible for 100 percent of the work that actually gets done, the problem is much worse. "
Answer 3: “Ha! You should check out the factory I own! It's gotta be like 30 percent, maybe 35 percent! "



Question: “A recent survey indicated that bald eagles would soon be taken off the endangered-species list. What do you think?”

Answer 1: “Damn it! Every time I memorize the endangered-species list, some bureaucrat changes it.”
Answer 2: There goes any hope I had of my basement full of bald eagles appreciating in value."
Answer 3: " And with that, trout go back onto the endangered-species list."






this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?