<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 16, 2005

Hi, all. I left at 4 yesterday for the airport, rented the car at 5, drove west, and got as far as Parsippany, New Jersey, 50 miles west of NY, where at 7 I gave in to sleep, snow, and darkness. I slept 11 hours, and clearly needed to. Better safe than sorry. Today: I drive to Cleveland, about 7 hours...

Quote of the Day: from Roger Ebert on why 'Brokeback Mountain'is a great movie:

"The filmmakers have focused so intently and with such feeling on Jack and Ennis that the movie is as observant as work by Bergman. Strange but true: The more specific a film is, the more universal, because the more it understands individual characters, the more it applies to everyone. I can imagine someone weeping at this film, identifying with it, because he always wanted to stay in the Marines, or be an artist or a cabinetmaker."


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?