<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Sunny Family Interlude To Remember


It's been a nice family weekend. I've bowled (126!) with my nephew. We had an expensive Brazilian 'rodizio' dinner, you know, the kind with waiters that keep bringing different meats by your table until you cry uncle by flipping a chip over to its red side. It was odd to here Portuguese out here in the Sonoran desert.

Last night Mom and I watched, on DVD, 'An Affair to Remember,' which I'd never seen before. I'd always thought this Cary Grant Romance was a 30s or 40s film, but it's 1957 Technicolor©®... apparently the classic 'four hanky tearjerker/weepie/chick flick.' Wonderful film, with a bonus of scenes in a medieval Riviera village with a wise old French grand-mère.. Deborah Kerr impressed me - I haven't seen much of her oeuvre - but I was bowled over by 'Black Narcissus,' at the Powell/Pressburger retrospective in NYC back in spring.


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?