<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Deli Sushi Flowers


...and other non-sequiturs. While ambling down 7th Ave in the sun, I found my eyes drawn to a sign that said, with no warning or punctuation, 'Deli Sushi Flowers.' I'm afraid I'm a little skeptical here - one can only be good at so many things...

It's inane of me to say, but here goes: Happy September 11th. I'm glad you're all alive and that days of horror are the exception, not the rule...

This morning I saw "Pretty Persuasion," a wicked, twisted comedy of a movie, with Peter at the early 'blue-hair' session of Sunshine Cinema. Biting satirical, the film follows the machinations of a vengeful 15-year-old Lolita-esque vixen, skewering targets left and right with rampant political incorrectness. It's influenced by the movies "Election", "Heathers," "To Die For," and perhaps, "The Last Seduction," but nastier than at least the first three of that foursome. Reviews were mixed, but I loved it, and so did the times. Below, a few scenes for your pleasure...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?