<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Seeing Red


Last night I finally saw Krzysztof Kieslowski's "Red", from 1993-94's famous Red, White, and Blue trilogy, taking his adopted country France's colors and motto (liberty, equality, fraternity)... as his theme. Previously a "Kieslowski virgin," I enjoyed "Red" more than I expected to. It's a "small movie" with independent/foreign film pacing, character-focused, and the most color-schemed cinematography this side of Kubrick. All in an economical 99 minutes - a real treat. The film's focus is the intersecting lives of three lonely people - a eavesdropping retired judge, a lonely young model/actress (pictured, in this Russian film poster), and a law student bruising for a romantic disappointment. Bravo. "White" and "Blue" have moved way up in my Netflix Queue.

Now I'm working on "The Aviator," probably my last film before leaving on vacation Friday...

Cartoon:


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?