<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Up The Down Staircase


Haste makes waste! Last night I fiercely banged up my knee when, after taking the wrong escalator, I decided to reverse course, walk back up what was only three stairs, and save time. Christi and I were late for "Howl's Moving Castle," a lovely and astonishing animated film by Hiyao Miyazaki of "Spirited Away" fame. Full review forthcoming. Loews Lincoln Plaza is a vast, multi-level airport of a cineplex with escalators that go on forever. Bad idea, Aaron. I fell, banged up my knee, got yelled at by security, turned white and almost fained. There was blood everywhere. (I am now in the market for a new tan pair of trousers...) Soon Christi and I were surrounding by concerned employees, the house medic, and probably a plainclothes attorney : - ) At first I feared a trip to the emergency room and stitches, but the skin was punctured in two places, not separated.

The medic said it was fine. So Christi applied the house disinfectant and her very own bandages, and we joined the film, in progress, bloody pants and all. Today it's pretty sore, especially when bent, and I suspect I won't be on the treadmill for a week or so, which is unfortunate ahead of next week's marathon meetings, endless flights, and my subsequent vacation in Europe. I'll have to make up for it with smart nutrition. And maybe some weightlifting...

It looked sunny out when I began this post 20 minutes ago. But now clouds have gathered.

Below, some Cartoon relief.




this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?