<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Buddha DNA


My knee is rapidly healing, I can bend all the way, it's just a little too sore for Mr. Treadmill. Today I was lost in books on tape of all languages & stripes - One could call it 'tryouts for summer vacation reading' - also, for long inter-continental flight reading. Finalists: "Girl With The Pearl Earring" By Tracy Chevalier, "Known World," the Pulitzer Price winner by Edward P. Jones about, among other things, black slave-owners, and "Wonderful Town," a collection of stories from New Yorker Magazine. Suggestions are welcome! Anyone?

I took many a short walk on this semi-cloudy, cool and brisk sort of June day. Mostly around the 'hood - never quite made it to Central Park or museums. I did, however, catch quite a few galleries yesterday.

My favorite installation was "Buddha DNA," by Long-Bin Chen at Frederieke Taylor Gallery - if you look closely at the photo (left), you'll see that the buddha as been carved out of old Manhattan Yellow Pages directory (have they stopped distributing Yellow Pages by now?). Also lovely: the colorful paintings of Whitney Bedford at D'Amelio Terras Gallery. Both of these galleries are on 22nd St in between 10th and 11th Ave. Peace and Love - Aaron


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?