<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 27, 2005

The D.R.


That's what they call the Dominican Republic in political and business circles. I'm off to its capital, Santo Domingo, this morning, and if I don't miss my plane or lose my passport again, this will be my 90th foreign trip. If you consider the D.R. to be Latin America (some include the spanish-speaking Caribbean Islands, some don't), this will be my 50th trip to Latin America. But this will be my very, very first time in the Caribbean. And it's not a beach weekend either - Santo Domingo is the oldest city in the Western Hempisphere - remember Colombus discovered the new world here - and its historic center is very well preserved. That's where I'll be staying. I'll probably post from down there - I presume there are plenty of internet cafés. See you later! xo Aaron

Cartoon:


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?