<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Windows of Opportunity...


Seven-second delays couldn't tame Groucho Marx if he were alive today, a party guest pointed out Sunday. Half a minute would pass before the censors figured out the joke! Case in point, on "You Bet Your Life," Groucho interviewed a woman who'd had eight children in ten years. "I like my cigar, too...," he quipped, "but occasionally I take it out of my mouth... : - )

Wild snowstorms couldn't hold back Thomas' departure. As I write this he's half-way to Bogotá and a lovely eight-hour layover waiting for his flight to Buenos Aires (pictured left, Thomas' photo of the painted tenements in that city's La Boca neighborhood). Now you know how Thomas can afford to take two years off and see the world. : - ) He'll brave 18-hour bus rides, epic-length layovers, and fourth-class accomodations... It's called 'roughing it'....

Yesterday's day off seems to have set me back a week.... My throat is slightly sore, and my head poundeth. But I still want to make a date with Hitler...



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?