<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 18, 2005

From a recent issue of The Onion, my favorite feature, “What Do YOU Think?

Question The FDA is currently deciding whether to restrict the use of COX-2 inhibitors, the widely used class of pain drugs which includes Vioxx. What do you think?”

Answer 1: "Jesus, a couple people's hearts explode, and everyone goes nuts."
Answer 2 "I hope the invisible hand of capitalism is trained in CPR."
Answer 3: "I wondered why that Celebrex TV ad showed an old guy in the middle of a sun-drenched wheat field having a heart attack."
Answer 4: "I'm confused. How did they separate the effects of Vioxx from the other 1,372 things that give Americans heart attacks?"
Answer 5: "Hey, what about all the horrible side effects these drugs don't cause?"
Answer 6: "They're gonna ban COX-2 inhibitors? But that's my third-favorite class of painkillers."

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?