<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 12, 2004

Sugar In My Bowl


Suddenly, free time. Got up at 6:45am for a helicopter ride to a sugar cane plantation (picture left) and refinery in the interior of Sao Paulo state. But a broken propeller grounded that project, and after a brief meeting, went back to the hotel. Finally, very very sunny weather and a delicious 70F with a breeze. Last night, we went to a Japanese restaurant (there are 1 million Japanese-Brazilians, mostly in Sao Paulo) and got drunk on sake served in little cubes so it was impossible not to spill the sake, even for those more coordinated than me. Tonight I'm flying, real late, to Buenos Aires, where I'm spending the weekend. I can't wait to see Andres, who was my boyfriend from 1988-1993 and remains a close friend. Will also have coffee with my friend Celia. Well, that's about all for now. I miss my friends, but it's lovely here, I'm in good company, and it's great to put some distance (about 5,000 miles) between me and the post-election depressing aftermath. Happy Friday. Love, Aaron

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?