<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 29, 2004

Shooting Across


My delayed flight from Arizona touched down just past midnight after shooting across the continent in an impressive 3 1/2 hours, boosted by unusually high (180mph) tail winds. I crawled into bed at around 1:30am, and feel quite sleep-deprived at the moment. Just found out my Miami trip is postponed, and as much as I was looking forward to it, a restful weekend at home doesn't sound too bad ahead of next week's grueling mid-week hop to London to meet with my bosses.

At left: the Saguaro cactus (pronounced sah-WAH-row), symbol of the American southwest desert to anyone raised on TV cartoons. : - ) Did you know most Arizonans never see their state flower, the saguaro blossom, a tiny blub that appears at the top of these 15-20 foot monsters once a year, and can only be seen from an aerial standpoing. Cartoon follows:


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?