<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Marlina's Gift


Marlina is the 10 year old Indonesian child I sponsor through Christian Children's Fund. I've been a CCF sponsor for over 15 years now, and am usually assigned a new child every two years. This is a bookmark Marlina made for me - very sweet of her. CCF not only provides school materials for Marlina, but tries to develop her village by improving education and health and promoting its economy (crafts?). I don't think I've ever actually written one of my beneficiary children - unlike Jack Nicholson's character in About Schmidt (Dear Ndugu..), I'm a rather passive sponsor. But I think I will definitely write her and thank her for this gift.

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?