<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Do As I Say, Not....


It's 2am and I can't sleep. I hate that. Worked up too much adrenaline housekeeping, then made the assinine decision to read election analysis about how we're a 'center-right country' where voters care about 'moral values' and prefer the certainties of faith to the (much more honest) ambiguities and nuances of secular humanism. Ugh, ugh. Also, someone I care about is living the Book of Job, trapped in morale hell, and I can't do much to change that... So much for my uplifting daily blog post.

OK, here goes:
My two all-time favorite tombstone inscriptions (not counting Dad's)

1. "I told you I was sick."
2. "I knew this would happen."

and of course, my Dad's beautiful epitaph:

"Because he taught us to seize the day,
He will always live in our hearts."

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?