<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes


Turned off the VP debate after 20 minutes, was getting too worked up, needed rest. But... woke up at 4am and had to log in and check the spin.. Oh, well. As ABC sang in 1985, 'If the blast don't get you / then the fallout will'... At left, Mount St Helens in 1980, erupting for the first time in several centuries. I'd wanted to visit St Helens last year toward the end of my cross-country odyssey, but then I had the car crash and the Indian attack, and the rest is history... Here's a good St Helens page with photos.






From this morning’s Onion, my favorite feature, “What Do YOU Think?
Question: “Last week, a federal judge deemed a Patriot Act provision that allowed the FBI to secretly obtain Internet and telephone records unconstitutional. What do you think?”

Answer 1: ""Wait a second. The rest of the Patriot Act is still okay?""
Answer 2: "The Patriot Act never made sense to me. Aren't the Republicans proponents of small government? Hey! Where are you taking me?"
Answer 3: "I'm glad the provision was deemed illegal, because it would've forced my phone provider to lie to me. I just couldn't handle knowing that Verizon had lied to me."
Answer 4: "That's the way these things happen. First, they overturn one little clause, then they whittle away at the rest. Before you know it, our civil liberties will be totally restored."

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?