<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Likely Voters and Lena's


This is my Aunt Lena, a great aunt in both senses of the word, at a ripe young 23 on her 1918 wedding day in Lowell, Mass. This, of course, was the year the Boston Red Sox last won the world series (Go Sox!, Go Kerry!), just weeks before the end of "The War To End All Wars." How time files when you're having fun...

Anyway, I'm very happy indeed for my hometown, its population, its team, and its candidate. What a wonderful year for Massachusettes! Free to get married, have my team win the world series, and hopefully, watch my brother Bostonian take the oath on January 20. Cross your fingers! Cross your toes! Cross any other digits that you can make cross!




Peace, Aaron



Cartoons:



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?